Environment, Health and Safety Emergency Response Services (ERS)
Comprehensive services to help you to plan and implement effective emergency communication and responses, save lives and protect property and the environment.
Incidents involving chemicals sometimes require swift and effective responses to avoid harming employees, local communities, property and the environment. Responses can be complex, requiring specialist knowledge and expertise.
SGS emergency response services
We offer a comprehensive range of services to help you help you plan and implement effective emergency responses.
- LEVEL 1 – available 24/7 in over 50 languages, our single point of contact emergency number gives you access to specially trained staff, familiar with the transport and handling of dangerous goods and chemicals. Once you have called the number, we guarantee a response within 30 minutes, providing you with local language support, meaning important details are not lost in the translation process. We have highly trained staff all over the planet, even in remote locations, representing a significant advantage when considering the importance of accurate and timely information transfer in the successful management of any incident
- LEVEL 2 – we provide onsite communication and co-ordination, with a single point of contact
- LEVEL 3 – we provide intervention teams and equipment (including packaging, absorption and safety materials, trucks and vans, containers, pumps and measuring equipment). We guarantee the highest levels of safety and quality, along with cost-efficiency and adherence to local regulations
All operations are performed in accordance with the chemical industry’s Responsible Care initiative.
Why choose SGS?
With a global network of highly-trained staff, backed by state-of-the-art laboratories, we are the ideal partner for businesses looking to plan efficient and cost-effective responses to emergency situations. Our considerable experience of working with chemicals means we also offer a range of complimenting services, including:
- SGS expert services (redaction SHE planning, coordination of intervention)
- Independent inspection and reporting
- Repacking chemical substances
- Cleaning and neutralizing spills
- Emergency (air) monitoring measurements
- Laboratory analysis
- Removal, storage and final treatment of (intervention) waste
- SDS management, REACH and product safety services
To learn more about emergency response services, contact your local SGS office.